Legend of The Bloody Benders

The Bloody Benders were a family of serial killers who owned an inn and small general store in Labette County of southeastern Kansas from 1871 to 1873. The Bender family consisted of the sixty-year-old patriarch, John Bender (generally referred to simply as “Old Man Bender” in historical accounts); his wife, Mrs. Bender known only as “Ma”—just forty-two years old but with the cold-eyed, Ma was considered unfriendly and her neighbors took to calling her “She-Devil” but they were devotees of the Sunday church, so were considered peaceful folk. Their 2 children; a hulking dim-witted twenty-seven-year-old son named John, Jr., and a daughter named Kate, a young woman in her early twenties who, by default, was considered the brains of the operation. Though Kate has gone down in legend as a red-haired temptress, she appears to have been a ruddy-faced, mannish-looking female who held seances under the name “Professor Miss Katie Bender” and claimed to be a faith healer. They are believed to have killed at least a dozen travelers, but unfortunately before their crimes were discovered, the family fled, and where their about remained unknown until now.

The Bender's Shanty

 Sometime around 1870, the Bender family arrived in Labette County, Kansas, and built a home along a lonely stretch of road a few miles south of the railway town of Cherryvale. The dwelling was little more than a one-room log box, sixteen by twenty feet in size. The interior was divided in half by a canvas curtain. One side served as the family’s living quarters. The other was turned into a rudimentary inn, where a traveler could get a hot meal or drink or a bed for the night. Some visitors, however, got much more than they bargained for. Locals noticed that the Benders had an immaculately ploughed garden – but there was never anything planted. It later became clear that once the bodies were stripped they were buried on the property’s grounds.

The Benders were widely believed to be German immigrants; only the male Benders, however, were born overseas and they were not actually a family. No documentation or definitive proof of their relationships to one another or where they were born has ever been found. Pa Bender was from either Germany or Holland and is believed by some to have been born John Flickinger (unproven). According to contemporary newspapers, Ma Bender was born Almira Hill Mark, (often misreported as "Meik") in the Adirondack Mountains, she married Simon Mark with whom she claimed to have had 12 children. Later she married William Stephen Griffith and was known as Mrs. Almira Griffith. Mrs. Griffith was suspected of murdering several husbands but none of these rumors were ever proven. Kate was believed to be Almira's fifth daughter, born Sarah Eliza Mark she later married and was known as Sarah Eliza Davis. Based on an inscription in a Bible recovered from the Bender home, it was believed that John Jr. was born John Gebhardt although no other proof of his identity exists. Some of the Benders' neighbors claimed that John and Kate were not brother and sister, but actually husband and wife.

The Benders, it turned out, were really running a frontier murder-and-robbery operation. When a prosperous-looking traveler showed up, he would be ushered into the dining area and seated at the table with his back to the canvas divider. While Kate beguiled him with some dinnertime conversation, her father or brother would be lurking on the other side of the curtain with a sledgehammer at the ready.

When the unsuspecting guest leaned his head back against the curtain, the hammer would come crashing down, shattering the back of his skull. The body would then be dragged into the bedroom, where it would be robbed, stripped, and dumped through a trapdoor into the cellar. There, his throat would be slit for good measure. Later, the body would be taken out and buried in the pasture.

The dreadful truth about the Benders came to light in the spring of 1873 when a physician named Dr. William York left Fort Scott on horseback and never showed up. He was searching for his neighbor George Loncher and his daughter, who left Independence in hope of starting a new life. Apparently, all the missing victims had one thing in common – they all stayed at the Inn – and none of them were ever found again.

On March 28, 1873, Colonel Ed York (Dr. York's brother) arrived at the Bender inn with a Mr. Johnson, explaining to the Benders that his brother had gone missing and asked if they had seen him. They admitted Dr. York had stayed with them and suggested the possibility that he had run into trouble with Indians. Colonel York agreed that this was possible and remained for dinner.

On April 3, Colonel York returned to the inn with armed men after being informed that a woman had fled from the inn after being threatened with knives by Ma Bender. Ma allegedly could not understand English while the younger Benders denied the claim. When York repeated the claim, Ma became enraged and said the woman was a witch who had cursed her coffee and ordered the men to leave her house, revealing for the first time that "her sense of the English language" was much better than had been thought. Before York left, Kate asked him to return alone the following Friday night, and she would use her clairvoyant abilities to help him find his brother. Later, the men with York were convinced the Benders and a neighboring family, the Roaches, were guilty and wanted to hang them all but York insisted that evidence must be found.

A few days later, however—fearing that they were under suspicion—the Benders pulled up stakes and fled. When word got around that the Benders had absconded, the posse returned to the farm and made a horrific discovery. In the pasture were seven shallow graves containing the corpses of eight human beings. Seven were grown men (including Dr. York). One was an eighteen-month-old girl, who had been traveling with her father. The Benders hadn’t bothered to brain her. They had simply tossed her into the pit with her father’s mangled corpse and buried her alive.

Following the discovery, a state-wide manhunt was ordered. On October 31, 1889, the authorities thought they had a breakthrough when they arrested two woman for larceny in Niles, Michigan, who were identified as Ma and Kate Bender. They were brought back to Kansas but without significant evidence released two months later.

Laura Ingalls Wilder, the writer of "Little House on the Prairie" lived near Independence mentioned the Bender family in her writing and speeches. In 1937 she gave a speech at a book fair, which was later transcribed and printed in the September 1978 Saturday Evening Post, and in the 1988 book "A Little House Sampler". She mentioned stopping at the Inn, as well as recounting the rumors of the murders spreading through their community. She alleged that her father "Pa Ingalls" joined in a vigilante hunt for the killers, and when he spoke of later searches for them she recalled, "At such times Pa always said in a strange tone of finality, 'They will never be found.' They were never found and later I formed my own conclusions why." The family remained unfound and their real identities have been the source of speculation ever since.

The Serial Killers Files by Harold Schechter;

Pic Source:
The Serial Killers Files by Harold Schechter page 147
06:00 | 0 komentar

Mysterious Disappearance of Louis Le Prince

Several years before the work of Auguste, Louis Lumière and Thomas Edison; in October 1888, Louis Le Prince recorded the first moving images in Leeds at Roundhay Park and on Leeds Bridge using his single-lens camera and Eastman's paper film. However, he was never able to perform a planned public demonstration in the United States because he mysteriously disappeared after boarding a Paris-bound train in Dijon on 16 September 1890.

Louis Aimé Augustin Le Prince was born in Metz, France on 28 August 1842 and moved to Leeds in 1866 to work for John Whitley Partners of Hunslet Brass Founders. He was known as a chemist, an engineer, an inventor, also a filmmaker who shot the first moving pictures on paper film using a single lens camera.

In 1869 he married Elizabeth Whitley John's sister - a talented artist. The pair founded Leeds Technical School of Art.

In 1888 Le Prince was granted an American dual-patent on a 16-lens device that combined a motion picture camera with a projector. A patent for a single-lens type (MkI) was refused in America because of an interfering patent, yet a few years later the same patent was not opposed when the American Thomas Edison applied for one.

Louis Le Prince
By using his 16 lens camera, Louis Le Prince recorded the world's first moving images, at 160 Woodhouse Lane (a site now owned by the University of Leeds). His first film called "Roundhay Garden Scene" was created in 1888 and his second and more famous film called "Leeds Bridge Scene" came in the same year.

Two years later, in September 1890, Le Prince was preparing to go back to the UK to patent his new camera, to be followed by a trip to the US to promote it. Before his journey, he decided to return home and visit friends and family. Having done so, he left Bourges on 13 September to visit his brother in Dijon. He would then take the 16 September train to Paris, but when the train arrived, his friends discovered that Le Prince was not on board. He was never seen again by his family or friends. No luggage or corpse was found in the Dijon-Paris express, nor along the railway. No one saw Le Prince at the Dijon station, except his brother. No one saw Le Prince in the Dijon–Paris express after he was seen boarding it. No one noticed any strange behaviour or aggression in the Dijon-Paris express. The French police, Scotland Yard and the family undertook exhaustive searches but never found his body or luggage. This mysterious disappearance case remained unsolved.

Several theories explaining Le Prince's disappearance have been proposed including claims he was murdered so he could not claim patents on his groundbreaking 16 lens camera, a close relative was involved in his disappearance to gain a large inheritance and his family ordered him to disappear due to financial irregularities.

In December 1930 a bronze memorial tablet was erected at 160 Woodhouse Lane where his workshop had stood and an English Heritage blue plaque can be found on the bridge honouring the historic moment. Since 1930, he has been heralded as the "Father of Cinematography".


Pic Source:
12:24 | 0 komentar

The Mysterious Man of Sandy Cove

On September 8th, 1863, an unidentified man who almost died was found at the beach of Sandy Cove on the coast of the Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia with both legs cut off to stumps. Local people then questioned him about his name and why his legs hurt so badly, but he did not speak English and only said very little, mumbled something that resembled "Jerome", and so the villagers called him "Jerome". For years he stayed with the villagers. However, until he passed away in 1912 they never discovered his true origins.

The mysterious man was found by a fisherman who had gone to the shore to gather rock weed. At that time, he noticed a dark figure alongside a big rock on Bay of Fundy beach. As the fisherman got closer he saw the huddled form of a man. Both legs had been amputated just above the knees and beside him was a jug of water and a tin of biscuits. His legs were only partially healed but were obvious later on that they were amputated by a skilled surgeon and the stumps were bandaged. The man was also suffering from cold and exposure. The fisherman recalled there was a ship the day before passing back and forth a half mile off shore on the Bay of Fundy side and thought that the man must have been brought in from the ship after dark and thrown overboard.

Sandy Cove, Nova Scotia
He was then carried to the home of Mr. Gidney in Mink Cove where he was wrapped in warm blankets and given hot drinks. Through the moaning and muttering, only one word was understood, "Jerome". Then they decided to called him by this name. The fishermen, boat builders and families took care of Jerome but soon learned he was not going to talk.

Shortly after this discovery Mr. John Nicholas, a Clare man who spoke seven European languages, interviewed Jerome. After the one-sided conversation, Nicholas announced that by the stranger's reactions to the questions and different languages he thought that the man was most likely Italian but seemed to understand French.

For the next seven years Jerome lived with Nicholas family and it was soon concluded that he kept silent not because of some physical limitation, but for another reason known only to him. When caught off guard Jerome would answer questions. Once when asked the name of his home, Jerome answered "Trieste" which is a city in the Northern part of Italy. He also answered "Columbo" when asked the name of his ship. After being tricked into speaking, Jerome would become furious and shut himself up in his room. Stories circled the town about Jerome's life, his silence and the reasons why he was deliberately left on the shore. Although Jerome never had a very good relationship with adults, he got along very well with the local children. They would visit him, bring him candy and eventually he became quite fond of the sweet gifts.

Later, Jerome moved to Saint Alphonse to live with the family of William Comeau and while there, he received a visit from two strange ladies. The ladies asked if this was where they could find the man with the amputated legs. Once the women were in the house, Jérôme led them into his room and a long conversation followed in which he took an active part. The family listened outside the door, but could not understand the language being spoken in the other room. After the meeting, the two ladies left the house without another word. They then conversed outside and seemed to be of the impression that Jérôme was being well taken care of and they were to leave him where he was. The ladies never returned.

Another strange occurrence added more mystery to this silent man's story. Charles, William Comeau's son, had gone to Boston for work. While there, two women came to visit him from the Southern United States. They had read in the papers stories about a man with amputated legs who was found in Nova Scotia. The woman proceeded to tell him that the unfortunate man's name was Jeremiah and that he came from Alabama. They handed him a letter to give to "Jeremiah" and asked him to deliver it for them. Upon his return to Clare, Charles did as he had promised and handed the letter to his father's border. Jerome took the letter looked at it from every angle and then threw it into the fireplace. The family was shocked and disappointed with this and the story of "Jeremiah" was never known.

The Comeaus used Jerome's relative fame to their advantage, charging admission fees to see the mystery man, living well on this and the government stipend. But Jerome did not seem to mind, and stayed there for the rest of his life, which ended on April 15, 1912.

In 2000, in the village of Meteghan, on the French Shore, a memorial plaque was dedicated to Jerome over a false grave, as it is not known with any real certainty where the castaway--who died on April 15, the same day the Titanic sank (effectively sinking the renown of his story for a while)--is actually buried.


Whites Point Quarry and Marine Terminal by Elgin Consulting and Research

Pic Source:
20:32 | 0 komentar

Mysterious Carved 'Faces' Found in Italy

In 2001, Pietro Gaietto, an Italian archaeologist from the Museum of the Origins of Man, saw something unusual in one particular head-sized rock in a pile of rubble collected for use as building material. Apparently, he has found a sculpture which could be 200,000 years old. Gaietto has identified rock in the Borzonasca district of Italy which appears to be carved with two faces looking in opposite directions, one of which is wearing a beard.

The discovery is no surprise to the locals who say such sculptures are nothing new. In fact, they point to a nearby rock cliff which they believe has been carved with a image which they call the Face of Borzone. The cliff which resemble a human face discovered during an inspection of the Commune for the construction of the carriage road in 1965, with its 7-meter-high rock sculpture is considered the largest in Italy and Europe.

If Gaietto's find in 2001 proves genuine it would have to be the work of an extinct species of human called Homo erectus. That at least is what the experts say.

The earliest examples of human artwork that scientists feel confident to describe as such are all less than 100,000 years old. The most notable items are probably the 70,000-year-old engraved ochre pieces found in the Blombos Cave of South Africa.

Such anomalous finds, though usually ignored by orthodox archaeology, have occurred frequently over the last century and have been documented in the book Forbidden Archaeology by Michael Cremo.

Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 42: Ancient Faces Make Mystery;

Pic Source:
Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 42: Ancient Faces Make Mystery page 14
19:00 | 0 komentar

Mystery of Rudolph Fentz: Fact or Fiction?

On a June night in 1950, approximately at 11:00 p.m., an on-duty police officer spotted a mysterious man with mutton chop sideburns and Victorian-era duds standing in the middle of the road at an intersection near Times Square in New York City who appeared to be in his early thirties. Witnesses said he looked startled at that time. And then, the police officer approached him to offer assistance, but the light at the intersection had changed. In apparent shock, the man headed for the sidewalk in the direction of approaching traffic, suddenly he was struck by a taxi and died instantly.

When paramedics arrived, they were astounded by the man’s appearance. He was dressed in old-fashioned, 19th-century-era clothing. A tall, silk hat, a thick, buttoned cutaway coat, checkered pants, and buttoned shoes. The officials at the morgue searched his body and found the following items in his pockets:
  • A copper token for a beer worth 5 cents, bearing the name of a saloon, which was unknown, even to older residents of the area;
  • A bill for the care of a horse and the washing of a carriage, drawn by a livery stable on Lexington Avenue that was not listed in any address book;
  • About 70 dollars in old banknotes;
  • Business cards with the name Rudolph Fentz and an address on Fifth Avenue;
  • A letter sent to this address, in June 1876 from Philadelphia.

Times Square, New York (Present Day)

Captain Hubert V. Rihm of the Missing Persons Bureau began his investigation by using those information to identify the man. He found that the address on Fifth Avenue was part of a business; its current owner did not know Rudolph Fentz. No traces of a Rudolph Fentz, including fingerprints, could be found in any modern records, and no missing person reports had been issued for anyone meeting his description.

Rihm continued the investigation and finally found a Rudolph Fentz Jr. in a telephone book of 1939. Rihm spoke to the residents of the apartment building at the listed address who remembered Fentz and described him as a man about 60 years who had worked nearby. After his retirement, he moved to an unknown location in 1940.

Contacting the bank, Rihm was told that Fentz died five years before, and traced his widow to a residence in Florida. Rihm contacted her and learned that her husband’s father had disappeared in 1876 aged 29. He was last seen going out for a walk, and never returned.

With this new information, Rihm searched through outdated missing person records, and found that a Rudolph Fentz had indeed gone missing in 1876, some 74 years earlier. What’s more, the description from the 1876 missing person report matched, exactly, that of the present Rudolph Fentz.

Afraid that others would think him crazy for suggesting that this was the same individual, Captain Rihm avoided speaking of the matter, and none of his findings were officially recorded. The case is, to this day, considered unsolved.

Since 1972, the mysterious disappearance and reappearance of Rudolph Fentz has appeared in books (such as those by Viktor Farkas) and articles, and later on the Internet, portrayed as a real event. The story has been cited as evidence for various theories and assumptions about the topic of time travel.

The story was published a number of times in the 70's and 80's as fact, until 2000, after the Spanish magazine ‘Más Allá’ published a representation of the events as a factual report, folklore researcher Chris Aubeck investigated the description to check the veracity. His research led to the conclusion that the people and events of the story invented all were fictional, although he could not find the original source.

Later in 2002, Pastor George Murphy contacted Aubeck and claimed that the original source was from either a 1952 Robert Heinlein science fiction anthology, entitled "Tomorrow, The Stars" or the Collier’s magazine from 15 September 1951. The true author was the renowned science fiction writer Jack Finney (1911–1995), and the Fentz episode was part of the short story "I’m Scared", which was published in Collier’s first. No copies of the story have ever been found, and Finney died before he could be questioned.

However, in 2007 a researcher working for the then Berlin News Archive, found a newspaper story in the archives from April 1951 reporting the story almost as it reported today. This newspaper archive was printed some 5 months before the short story sourced as the origin. Whats even odder, a number of researchers have claimed to have found evidence of the real Rudolph Fentz, and proof of his disappearance aged 29 in 1876.


Pic Source:
20:43 | 2 komentar

The Haunted Gibraltar Point Lighthouse

Completed around 1808, the Gibraltar Point Lighthouse is one of the earliest and oldest existing structures in Toronto. This 150 years-old lighthouse which is located on the Toronto Islands in Toronto, Ontario is rumored to be haunted by the ghost of J.P. Radelmüller, its first keeper. It was functioned as a lighthouse for Lake Ontario until 1958. Now, it is currently unused and shut, however the building is occasionally opened to the public to have a look inside.

According to local legend, John Paul Radelmüller was murdered in the lighthouse.The story appeared in The York Gazette of January 14th, 1815:

The Gibraltar Point Lighthouse (2009)
“Died on the evening of the 2nd of January, J.P. , keeper of the lighthouse on Gibraltar Point. From circumstances there is moral proof of his having been murdered. If the horrid crime admits of aggravation when the inoffensive and benevolent character of the unfortunate sufferer are considered, his murder will be pronounced most barbarous and inhuman.”

During and after the War of 1812, when the U.S. besieged and destroyed most of York (only the lighthouse was left undamaged), drinking was the main pastime of most off-duty military recruits. Radelmüller was typically happy to oblige patrons who dropped by any hour of the day or night. There were rumors Radelmüller was also actively involved as a smuggler who brought whiskey from the United States. 

At that time, on January 2nd, 1815 two or three drunken soldiers from the Fort at York called on him late in the evening and asked him the bootlegged beer. But Radelmüller gently refused, and tried to send them away. And when they got angry, he try to fled from them. They chased him up the stairs and knocked him unconscious, and then they chopped up Radelmüller's body into pieces and buried around near the lagoon on the islands. Later, two soldiers named John Henry and John Blowman, were charged with his murder but later acquitted.

In 1893, George Durnan, the fourth lighthouse keeper found a coffin buried in the sand nearby that contained a jawbone, however It wasn't clear whether this belonged to Radelmüller.

Many believe that Radelmüller's ghost still haunts the lighthouse to this day. Some have reported that the sound of moaning can be heard on misty nights. Orbs of swirling light and an eerie ethereal “mist” have been seen and even photographed emanating from the tower. While others claim to have seen an apparition wandering the grounds that is believed to be his ghost.

16:55 | 0 komentar

Ancient Ruins on Jupiter Moon

In 1985, one of the world's leading researchers has filed an official protest with the Soviet Union, charging Russian scientists with covering up the discovery of an ancient city on Io one of the largest Jupiter Moon. In the protest which appeared in European scientific journals, Dr. Albert Feldstein said that the smuggled official documents and photographs clearly show that the Soviets have "conspired to keep the scientific find of the century secret."

The letter also criticized American space officials "who have been every bit as tight-lipped as the Soviets about the known existence of temple ruins on Mars. Both the Americans and Soviets know there are ruins on Mars and the Jupiter Moon (Io) - why are they being so secretive?” asked the Hungarian astrophysicist in his letter. "Are they afraid people will panic? Do they think they will lose some of their prestige? Why can't they admit what most of us already know - this universe does not and never has belonged to man alone."

Weekly World News article October 1985
Dr. Feldstein said documents and photos he received from an unnamed Soviet military source prove a deep-space probe discovered the ancient city on Io on July 19, 1985.

"Although the city is in ruins, what's left of its architectural features appear to be quite sophisticated," he said.

"With computer enhancement, you can clearly see a grid of broad avenues and smaller walkways. The buildings themselves are enormous rectangular structures.

"They appear to have had flat sloping roofs. You can also make out flying buttresses, a form of architectural design and construction support that we still use on earth today. It's like finding an alien version of ancient Athens."

As reported in the November 20, 1984, edition of the News, a Soviet satellite had photographed what appear to be temples on the surface of Mars in1982 or 1983.

The structures were said to be slate gray, domed and at least 50,000 years old. The Russians kept that discovery secret as long as possible, too.

In the Kremlin, Soviet officials would neither confirm nor deny having received Dr. Feldstein's protest. They called his allegations of cover-up "preposterous."

Richard Charles Hoagland also claim that advanced civilizations exist or once existed on the Moon, Mars and on some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, and that NASA and the United States government have conspired to keep these facts secret. He has advocated his ideas in two published books, videos, lectures, interviews, and press conferences.

Anti-gravity and the World Grid by David Hatcher Childress;

Pic Source:
Anti-gravity and the World Grid by David Hatcher Childress page 245
19:22 | 0 komentar

Teleportation of Gil Perez

On October 25, 1593, a Spanish soldier named Gil Perez assigned to a regiment in the Philippines was arrested in the Plaza Mayor of Mexico city. Perez said, at that time he walked to the palace garrison in Manila to report for guard duty after the assassination of His Excellency Don Gomez Perez Dasmarinas, Governor of the Philippines, suddenly he encountered men told him that he was in Mexico. When he was questioned by the authorities, Perez seems disoriented and confused because he is unable to explain how did he arrived in Mexico city which is nine thousand miles away from Philippines. The authorities explained to him that he was now in Mexico City, Perez refused to believe it. And because his uniform also strange and unusual, he was arrested immediately by the authorities.

Plaza Mayor, Mexico City

Then the Spanish soldier was brought before the most Holy Tribunal of the Inquisition. According to Perez, on the night of October 23, 1593, the governor-general of the Philippines, Gomez Perez Dasmariñas, was assassinated by his own Chinese rowers while attempting to besiege Ternate with a fleet of galleys. The Chinese in the Philippines at the time had a reputation but Dasmariñas, wishing to show a gesture of good will, did not chain them to the oars as was the custom at the time. He also allowed them to carry weapons with them. Three days after he left Manila, the Chinese killed him and most of his men while they slept and stole his galley. Meanwhile, news was sent back to Manila that the governor had been assassinated, and Gil Perez’s regiment was assigned to defend the palace and wait until a new governor could be appointed. Tired, Perez decided to lean against a wall and sleep, and according to him, when he opened his eyes again, he was in Mexico. Unsure how to react, he continued to do his guard duties until someone approached him and asked him why he was there.

The Spanish Inquisition members did not believe his story, thus they lock him up in jail for alleged desertion. Perez told them that he had a normal and typical life as a soldier in the Philippines, and that he did not engage in any acts of black magic or as one of the Satan worshiper, which, to the priests conducting the investigation, was the only plausible explanation for his presence. Nobody could explain his teleportation, which apparently happened overnight.

Two months later, there was a news from Philippines via Manila Galleon confirmed Perez's story that His Excellency the Governor of the Philippines was assassinated on the night of October 23rd, Further investigation located witnesses in Manila who had seen Perez on that very night. They said, that they saw Perez marching off for guard city at the palace garrison.

Finally, the Holy Tribunal of the Inquisition in Mexico seemed has no other choice to believe Perez's story and released him from jail. Some sources say that this story was really happened and documented immediately, while others say it was only recorded a hundred years later and considered this story as a hoax.

The Big Book of the Unexplained by Doug Moench and over 40 of the World's Top Comic Artists;

Pic Source:
17:26 | 0 komentar

Patrick Cross's Devil Guitar

In 1995 Patrick Cross, who is also an accomplished musician, bought a white electric guitar in the shape of a “V,” a copy of the more famous guitar made by Gibson, called a Gibson “Flying V.” The guitar purchased by Cross was made of heavy maple wood and looked like it had been passed down by various musicians. He said, it was made in 1989, and it was in very good shape considering it was used. Other than a slight crack on the top of the neck of the guitar, as if it had been dropped, it played well. The mysterious part is, the guitar has survived from a fire in a Michigan bar, where a band was playing and all of sudden a fire broke out. Everything in the bar was burned to a crisp—all except the guitar, which survived without any burn marks and fully intact. Apparently, someone in the band had died in the fire, and the guitar was sold, ending up in Oakville, Ontario.

Cross recalled that he was strangely drawn to the guitar. It was as if it called him saying, ‘play me.’ As soon as he picked it up to play, he felt a tingling electric sensation, like it knew he wanted it and it was right for him. He didn’t even check out the other guitars, since he couldn’t put this one down. It was an odd feeling, but most musicians will understand, he said.

The guitar played fine in the store, jamming to some bluesy rock riffs and some classic chords, but when he got it home, it seemed to go out of tune when he picked it up to play it. He thought this was odd, since it played fine before—and now it started de-tuning itself. When he started playing something like ‘Smoke On the Water,’ by Deep Purple, and ‘Purple Haze,’ by Jimi Hendrix, the guitar played back in tune. It felt like it really liked a dark, heavy sound, and it played better than ever. 

After two days, Cross began to hear weird sounds in the apartment. The noises seemed to be coming from the closet in the second bedroom where the guitar was stored. He opened the closet door, heard nothing, looked at the guitar, looked around, didn’t see anything—but he heard what sounded like men’s voices arguing with each other. It was as if an argument was going on in the closet between two men. One sounded Spanish, the other Mexican, and they were talking about money. He heard this from the front room, then went into the bedroom to the closet to look. Again, suddenly everything stopped.

As the days passed, weird things started happening around the inside of Cross’s apartment: His car keys would disappear, then re-appear sometime later. He saw shadows move on the wall, heard footsteps and bangs or knocks. Cupboard doors opened and closed on their own. Lights turned back on after he shut them off. The television set was on when he would come home, even though he remembered turning it off before went out. His cat would look in the air, as if she saw something move in the air, and then look in the other bedroom as if she could see someone walking around. If the guitar was left out, he could feel a chill around it—like cold air or cold wind.

As Cross began to use the guitar in his rock band, “SCI-FI Prodigy,” strange things would also happen at music rehearsals and band performances. They experienced power failures on their equipment and heard weird voices coming through the music amplifiers. Lights would go off and on and blow out and on several occasions, actual fires started from the floodlights in the room for no reason. The drummer experienced his cymbals falling off and his drums go out of tune every time he started to play. The band members also heard other people talking in the room around the guitar when they were out of the room.

The guitar could not be played and would de-tune itself when anyone would try to play it except for songs of bad or loud negative music such as "heavy metal" or aggressive rock songs with death and destruction meanings. The guitar particularly liked one song he wrote and played, entitled "Something Is Out There," which is about ghosts and evil entities and fear of the unknown with a heavy 'X-Files' type edge. This was one of the very few songs the guitar would stay in tune with.

"The guitar had a presence of evil—a bad aura around it. It seemed to be three feet of cold presence. Other people, including Rob McConnell from the X-Zone Radio Show and Janet Russell from Beyond the Unexplained, also felt this," said Cross.

More things of a paranormal nature occurred to Cross as time went on. He said he had a series of bad luck, which he believe was related to the guitar being in his apartment. He lost his job; his health started to suffer; rashes and sores appeared on his legs for no apparent reason. His car would shoot out flames from the top of the engine every time he started it, even though there was no mechanical reason to account for this. One day, there was a horrible stench that seemed to come from the guitar—like a burnt dead smell. Then the terrible odor would go away as quickly as it appeared.

Cross began to take pictures of the guitar and investigate why all these bizarre happenings and bad luck occurrences should be taking place. He captured some “ghost orbs” around the guitar many times, and on occasion he could see a misty presence.

It always felt cold when he would pick up the guitar, and he would get small electrical shocks even when it wasn’t plugged in. He said, everywhere he went with the guitar, it seemed to cause things to happen. On one occasion in Ontario, where his band was performing, a fire broke out in the bar area. Glasses filled with water would shatter as they passed near the table where the guitar lay.

Patrick Cross (right) with his Flying V 'Devil Guitar'

On May 16, 1999, Cross was a guest speaker at a UFO-ghost conference, the X Zone Symposium, in St. Catharines, Ontario. He brought his 'devil guitar' (also known as haunted guitar) along to see if he could find some individuals who could psychically channel anything that might explain the phenomena surrounding it.

“Psychics said that they felt weird around the guitar and expressed their opinion that it contained an evil presence,” Cross recalled. “Two people who said they could help were psychic-sensitives Janet Russell and Eugenia Macer-Story.

Eugenia proceeded to channel the guitar and found out it had a living entity attached to it. The entity was inside the wood of the guitar. She found it had a controlling effect on Cross and anyone who touched or felt it. It seemed to have intelligence and was clearly talking to Eugenia, saying it did not wish to be put on display, but wanted to cause evil and destruction. It wanted to fly like a condor with large wings, and it called itself, ‘Eye of the Condor.’ They later found out this was a popular song in Mexico and South America, where condors do live. The guitar wanted to start fires. It wanted Cross to kill with it. Actually use it to kill, swinging it like an axe.

Cross felt sickened when he heard these words being channeled by Eugenia, for many times, he had had frightening images enter his mind of wanting to kill when he was around the guitar. He had also experienced very vivid dreams of going out to commit murder, using the instrument as if it were an axe.

The entity that possessed the guitar went on, saying that it had started many fires and survived while all else burned. It said it had been spawned by the Devil, and it was here to rise up to do its father’s bidding in the world. It wanted to fly free, like a condor, spreading evil throughout the world.

Eugenia found the guitar had the most powerful of Voodoo hexes, EXU (pronounced ‘Echu’), placed on it by previous musicians who had owned it. The hex was supposed to bring wealth to anyone who owned it and did its bidding. The EXU hex back-fired on the owners who were involved with drug money and they were killed.

The spirit inside the guitar wanted to be released into human form in order to kill and destroy. It liked Cross to play only dark, evil music and said it de-tuned itself if the music was good, happy, or up-tempo. The entity said that it never wished to become good. It only wanted to commit evil acts.

“It used profanity, swearing, and vulgar language as it spoke to Eugenia, trying to latch onto her,” Cross said. “The spirit said that it wanted to come into her body and kick out her soul. Eugenia felt the presence coming into her, and she let go and moved away from the guitar as it tried to possess her.”

After 2 hour psychic talk with the spirit, Eugenia suggested the guitar be destroyed or re-blessed to change the evil inside it. When she asked the guitar if it wanted to be blessed, the entity responded by saying no, and speaking in Spanish, began blaspheming Christ and God.

On the advice of Eugenia, Cross did destroy the guitar by taking it to a remote park, putting it in a steel garbage can and dousing it with gasoline and lighter fluid. Before lighting the guitar aflame, Cross put a circle of salt around the container to stop the evil entity from escaping or attaching itself somewhere else. He recited the Lord's Prayer three times and told the evil entity to go back to its source.

After that, he saw a misty cloud of air rise up inside the garbage can. There was wind all around him. Minutes before, it had been calm. He attempted to light the guitar, but the fire kept going out. He poured more gasoline all over it. He also found some wood to put around it. It took a while to light the fire and a while to get the guitar to burn. Obviously, the entity did not want to be destroyed.

As the flames went higher, Cross heard a high-pitched shriek coming from the burning guitar. It sounded like a sick, wounded animal. He was standing there, watching it burn, adding more gasoline to the fire, when some of the flames jumped on his arm. Now he was on fire, and as he tried to put it out, he dropped the full can of gasoline. He was horrified—because now the whole can of gas could explode and engulf him in flames.

Cross said, at that time he was panicked, but somehow he managed to put out the flames that had begun to burn his clothes. He breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the guitar burn away, into a charred chunk of wood. After an hour, he made sure the flames had burned out. He poured more salt over the burned up guitar, just to make sure it would contain whatever spirit energy was still left. He left the guitar in the garbage can and took the case, closed it up with salt inside it, and wrapped the blue cloth back around the case. He was shaking, but he felt good that he had destroyed the evil entity. Hoping that it wouldn’t haunt or possess anything else again, he left the park around 10:30 P.M.

Immediately after returning home, Cross felt a sense of relief. He didn’t hear any voices or see or feel any more ghostly activity around him. The next day, Monday, everything immediately changed for the better. He had a phone call for a new job, his health was coming back, his sores and rashes had all disappeared, and his plants came back to life, he said. Also he won $150 on a Bingo scratch ticket, there were no more power failures on his TV, and his car started normally. Miraculously, everything that had been going bad changed over night since getting rid of the haunted guitar.

Since 1999 Cross has investigated all sorts of hauntings and ghost activity, but he has never had anything happen as bad or bizarre as when he owned the haunted guitar.

Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places by Brad Steiger;
The Midnight Hour: Canadian Accounts of Eerie Experiences edited by John Robert Colombo

Pic Source:
Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places by Brad Steiger page 541
21:10 | 0 komentar

Mysterious Stone Ball from the Ness of Brodgar Excavation Site

In 2013, a team of archaeologists found an important and enigmatic discovery of 5,000-year-old Neolithic complex, which had monumental walls and had been painted in coloured pigments in Orkney. Excavations at this non-funerary 2.5ha (6 acre) site on the Ness of Brodgar, between the Ring of Brodgar and the Stones of Stenness, continue to yield discoveries. Some 450 examples of Neolithic decorative art have been found at the site so far, and that tally has now been augmented by what is probably the best example of Neolithic art uncovered in Britain.

Molly Bond, an archaeology student from Williamette University, Oregon, found a carved stone ball during her stint on the site. The stone ball was found in Structure Ten — the Neolithic “cathedral”. At the time of writing, the object has not been cleaned (a delicate process), but it may be made from basalt. It fits comfortably in the hand and has six projections, "four in a circle and two on top" as Ms Bond describes it. She said, "the ball is heavy and initial impressions suggest that it may be basalt — a very hard and uniform stone — which works well, with a great deal of time and patience."

The Stone Ball discovered by Molly Bond from the Ness of Brodgar Excavation Site

The artifact was sent to a specialist cleaning and conservation lab in Edinburgh — and, given previous finds on the site, it was hoped the Ness’s first carved stone ball might be decorated or painted. Few days later after it has been cleaned by specialist, Nick Card, excavation site director from the Orkney Research Centre for Archaeology (ORCA) said: “Unfortunately, it’s now clear that the stone ball is not decorated. But, despite that, the fact remains that it’s still a beautifully crafted item, even though it has, unfortunately, suffered a bit from 4,500 years of burial at the Ness."

Over the years, hundreds of roughly similar prehistoric stone balls have been found in Scotland and yet their nature, their purpose, remains a mystery. The Orkney' carved stone ball are unusual, being either all ornamented or otherwise unusual in appearance, such as the lack, bar one example, of the frequently found six-knobbed type. Metal may have been used to work some of the designs.

Years ago, however, architect and master geometer Keith Critchlow made a detailed analysis of these object. In his book "Time Stands Still" (1979/2007), he convincingly shows that whatever their purpose might have been, the more sophisticated examples not only shows exceptional craftsmanship, but clearly represent Platonic and complex geometric solids. Perhaps this discovery is a clue to the great Orkney complex having been a major centre of learning, a kind of university campus, whatever else it might have been.

Fortean Times Magazine Vol. 306 October 2013: "Mysterious Finds";

Pic Source:
20:54 | 0 komentar

Recent Post

Recent Posts Widget


Popular Posts